Ivatt 2mt 2-6-2T

I am interested in the 2mt and am wundering if there are any good books about the class. Also, I know that both Falcon Brassworks and Nu-cast make kits for this locomotive and I am wondering how they stack up against the Bachmann RTR model of the class.

Thank you in advance for your information

Colin Martin

• RMweb Premium

I am interested in the 2mt and am wundering if there are any good books about the class. Also, I know that both Falcon Brassworks and Nu-cast make kits for this locomotive and I am wondering how they stack up against the Bachmann RTR model of the class.

Thank you in advance for your information

Colin Martin

Have a shufty on book sites to search out something, however you will get loads of stuff through this site so don't rush to purchase!

FB & Nucast comparison to Bachmann! NO CONTEST. Bachmann beauty is way better looking from what I've seen. Performance? Who knows?

Cheers, P

• RMweb Premium

The Bachmann loco has the old split chassis but both of mine are excellent runners. I reckon you'd need to be very careful with the chassis of either kit to get one to run as well. (And either kit will cost at least twice as much as the Bachy model by the time you've bought all the bits). IMHO the Bachy model is a good'un that benefits from a little tweaking in the fine detail department - biggest omission of all for me is the big motion bracket.

If you fancy a kitbuilt chassis (for EM perhaps?) then I'd suggest fitting a Comet chassis under the Bachy body, which can be detailed with replacement chimneys etc from either Comet or Branchlines.

Is the Comet chassis the new or the old style? Also, is there any detailing differences between the locomotives such as different chimneys as one the 2-6-0 2mt? the reason for wanting a good book on the class is to be able to tell these things.

Colin Martin

• RMweb Premium

Is the Comet chassis the new or the old style? Also, is there any detailing differences between the locomotives such as different chimneys as one the 2-6-0 2mt? the reason for wanting a good book on the class is to be able to tell these things.

Colin Martin

Colin. After this weekend, email Comet and ask that very question. I know Geoff B has been working through revamping their chassis etches.

Phil

Archived