Farish XC HST out

bmthtrains - David

The Farish HST in CrossCountry livery is now out...but there are no matching coaches listed in the catalogue! A shame, as I'd quite like a full set in this livery!

What do you mean there are no CrossCountry coaches listed in the catalogue? They are there, it is just that each CrossCountry TS comes with two complimentary power cars... :P

What do you mean there are no CrossCountry coaches listed in the catalogue? They are there, it is just that each CrossCountry TS comes with two complimentary power cars... :P

Shows a serious lack of joined-up thinking to me. Next they'll be complaining that they're not selling. Remember the Merlin livery HST back in Poole days, where they never did do the TGS or Buffet?

Hi Gang;

Hopefully, the coaches will be along in due course.

I, too have a set waiting for more coaches....it should be easy enough to set up the tampo printing for the different window arrangements. I wonder how many types of buffet window arrangement are in the XC sets!!

Later;

STU in OAKN (for a while)

http://stusphotos.fotopic.net

Bachmann may have not bothered because it's an older tooled model and with a new Dapol model forthcoming feel that it may not sell very well and they'd be better off investing in other projects which are more up to date?

I should think Electra Railway Graphics & others will be doing some vinyl sides to make up a full rake. Having seen and done some vinyl coaches now, I actually think in some ways they're better than the factory finish on the older designed Farish coaches as the depth of the vinyl gives some relief to the windows.

I should think Electra Railway Graphics & others will be doing some vinyl sides to make up a full rake. Having seen and done some vinyl coaches now, I actually think in some ways they're better than the factory finish on the older designed Farish coaches as the depth of the vinyl gives some relief to the windows.

A real Mark 3 coach is flush glazed. There is a tiny thin raise to the window framing but that's all so whatever relief the vinyl gives isn't really making it "better" IMHO.

I actually prefer the Farish Mark 3 in most respects. While you do have to stick the interior in as a separate item the clear glazing is superior to the 1970's airfixy glazing on the Dapol coach and the ends actually look the right shape. I hope Farish will continue to produce their Mark 3 coaches because they will no doubt remain far cheaper, and far more useful for modelling purposes (as opposed to just out of the box running), plus they can do things like TSOD vehicles without new mouldings.

Alan

• RMweb Gold

A real Mark 3 coach is flush glazed. There is a tiny thin raise to the window framing but that's all so whatever relief the vinyl gives isn't really making it "better" IMHO.

I actually prefer the Farish Mark 3 in most respects. While you do have to stick the interior in as a separate item the clear glazing is superior to the 1970's airfixy glazing on the Dapol coach and the ends actually look the right shape. I hope Farish will continue to produce their Mark 3 coaches because they will no doubt remain far cheaper, and far more useful for modelling purposes (as opposed to just out of the box running), plus they can do things like TSOD vehicles without new mouldings.

Alan

I can certainly do XC coaches in N (just released them in OO) but there would be a comprimise with the colours - the prototype and the GF model are finished in a metallic grey, which I'm not able to fully replicate. I've managed a good comprimise with "solid" colours but these wound't exactly match the Farish.

Pic of the OO version can be seen here - I've not tried any clever embedding of images yet...

http://www.warr.biz/erg/MkIII%20TCC%20XC.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining XC coaches make into the GF catalogue soon - they snuck the GNER Red Door coaches in a couple of years ago after re-releasing the power cars.

Archived