Hornby/Lenz

• RMweb Premium

Have taken a look around the forum but could not find any info. I want to know if the Hornby Elite will work the Lenz LS150 accessory decoder? I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the Elite and LS150 would work together.

As with several other Accessory Decoders (but not the Hornby ones), the Lenz LS150 Requires an additional 50Hz(/60Hz) 16Vac power supply to operate the accessories (It MUST be ac). The dcc track data is only used to provide the control data - the 'track dcc' does not have to supply the power required to operate the solenoids.

There are other accessory decoders where this choice is optional (but recommended) - however that is NOT the case with the LS150. The LS150, very usefully, also has 6 outputs which do not have to be in numerical sequence. The LS150 is also PULSE ONLY - it cannot be used to operate colour light signals.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks gents, I appreciate that the LS150 requires a seperate 16V AC supply. I am assuming that the connection to an Elite is similar to the JK connections on the Lenz system i.e. the Info to operate the outputs

Archived