coupling hooks and buffers 16 ton minerals

I`ve lost a number of the scale size coupling hooks and buffers from Bachmann 16 ton minerals / 7 plank wagons, anyone know if these can be obtained as spares or does anyone make alternatives especially for the scale size hooks ? don`t like smiths too big

I`ve lost a number of the scale size coupling hooks and buffers from Bachmann 16 ton minerals / 7 plank wagons, anyone know if these can be obtained as spares or does anyone make alternatives especially for the scale size hooks ? don`t like smiths too big

Hi, yes, various buffers and coupling hooks available from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies. website:- www.lanarkshiremodels.com

Here's a wee taster,

post-10324-0-82636500-1305711233_thumb.jpg

Buffer for mineral wagons etc.

post-10324-0-20714300-1305711565_thumb.jpg

Hook with plate

Some minerals had buffers with a step on the top just to add varity.:)

Hope that helps.

Dave Franks

Thanks for the link to Exactoscale. I have been looking for a source of cheap links for a while since I have not been able to find suitable soft iron wire over here in Canada. (Also I am too lazy to make up a fixture to make my own)

Does anyone make the buffer heads that fit in the holes of Bachmann mineral & plank wagons

I'd recommend asking Bachmann if they have any spares if you've lost some. No one really makes a replica of those and if you use the MSE steel heads (or MJT who sell blackened ones http://www.dartcastings.co.uk/mjt/2371.php) then you'll lose the ferrule on the end of the buffer body.

Dave Cleal used to do turned wagon buffer heads as part of his Mainly Trains range a few years ago but they have dropped off his list. These had the ferrule as well, and were ideal for Parkside kits. I am down to my last dozen, with about 60 kits to go!! I did query him and he said they had become too expensive,(he was charging a quid for a dozen!!), and I asked him who supplied them to him. I think it was MJT, but my emails to them went unanswered.

Dapol also use a lovely turned buffer on their wagons, but I have tried both Bachmann and Dapol in the past and been informed that they are not available as spares.

If you do have any luck, please put it on here, I need a heap of these type, and living in Oz, it's not like popping to the local shop for them.

Cheers, Peter C.

Archived