devon belle observation car

dymstocklr

Having just had a lump of 2 x 1 fall from a great height onto this coach (don't ask!!) I've now got a lot of loose furniture inside it. Before I mess around with it and disturb the lighting system can anyone tell me how I should dismantle it?

Bill

• RMweb Premium

I'm a couple of hours away from mine, but I think it's a couple of tabs under the ends.

The one thing I remember is that the front end was very tight on the interior block; I was afraid it was glued on but it slowly slid away as I levered the body.

I've had no problem at all getting into mine: there are six tabs; one at each corner and two placed centrally on either side. They can be simply released with a small screwdriver and the whole shell can then be lifted off. The lighting is connected, roof to chassis, at the bar end and can be either unplugged or left intact, as there is a bit of leaway in the wires. I only discovered recently that the seats can come free; useful for turning the single "swivel" ones.

Good luck, Bill.

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hattons has just reduced its price for the Devon Belle Observation car to £32.00 http://www.ehattons.....aspx?sid=32238. Now that IS good value and at that price will be hard to resist.

Some other Pullmans (including both versions of the Bar Car) and Maunsells also reduced at the same time.

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

One other item: I think you have to be careful putting the shell back on as there's a wire running in a groove on one side. (I'm not totally sure and I don't intend to take it apart again to check.)

Archived