Shed bashing?

Reading the starting thread im very tempted to take part! But i just need to check a few things! im not to good with my sizes... (maths isnt my strong point!) but my idea for the scenic board is 4ft by 1 n half ft rectange! and then something like a 1ft by 1 n half ft fiddle! Would these sizes be acceptable?

But my basic idea is to model inside a shed! with a moving over head crane and a spare class 25 and 31 of mine in one road and anoth 2 roads with differnt things in them. The 25 and 31 are to be in differnt states of repair so that for my main idea the over head crane can be moving back and forwards and pick up the differnt power units, spares and bits n pieces! then transfer them onto a flat wagon and into the locos and have a shunter move them out of the shed onto a fiddle yard and back!

tis just an idea! and one that ive been wanting to do for a while now! this just gives me the excuse! :lol: if some one could just clarify that this would be an ok entry i will get cracking in the next few weeks - months

chris

• RMweb Gold

Reading the starting thread im very tempted to take part! But i just need to check a few things! im not to good with my sizes... (maths isnt my strong point!) but my idea for the scenic board is 4ft by 1 n half ft rectange! and then something like a 1ft by 1 n half ft fiddle! Would these sizes be acceptable?

But my basic idea is to model inside a shed! with a moving over head crane and a spare class 25 and 31 of mine in one road and anoth 2 roads with differnt things in them. The 25 and 31 are to be in differnt states of repair so that for my main idea the over head crane can be moving back and forwards and pick up the differnt power units, spares and bits n pieces! then transfer them onto a flat wagon and into the locos and have a shunter move them out of the shed onto a fiddle yard and back!

tis just an idea! and one that ive been wanting to do for a while now! this just gives me the excuse! :lol: if some one could just clarify that this would be an ok entry i will get cracking in the next few weeks - months

chris

I think you're not much more than half of the max permissible size. My calculation says the big board is 48 x 18 ins, which is 864 sq ins. Then the smaller board is 12 x 18 ins, which is 216 sq ins total area 1080 sq ins, against the stipulated 2010. Moveable elements like a working overhead crane should be good for extra points, I suspect!

Chris, some basic rule of thumb layout sizes

12" (1ft)wide can be 167" (13ft 9in)long

18" (1ft 6in)wide can be 111" (9ft 3in)long

24" (2ft)wide can be 83" (6ft 11")long

Scales 2mm (N) and 4mm (OO) must include the fiddle yard in the above sizes, 7mm (O) does not have to include the fiddle yard.

Hope that helps

Michael

Archived