Grain of Wheat bulbs flickering

Tel2010

Hi All

Wonder if someone can help.

Im helping on and off a friend of mine with his N gauge layout.He has wired around ten12v grain of wheat bulbs in parallel. Even though he has checked bulbs and they seem ok before installing,after a while once they been on a few minutes they star flashing

.He has also installed a second string of lighst to a separate suppy, with the same result .

Im not that good with electrics and out of ideas at moment, so could anyone please suggest a solution , as beats me.

Thanks in advance

Tel

Hi All

Wonder if someone can help.

Im helping on and off a friend of mine with his N gauge layout.He has wired around ten12v grain of wheat bulbs in parallel. Even though he has checked bulbs and they seem ok before installing,after a while once they been on a few minutes they star flashing

.He has also installed a second string of lighst to a separate suppy, with the same result .

Im not that good with electrics and out of ideas at moment, so could anyone please suggest a solution , as beats me.

Thanks in advance

Tel

It sounds to me that the power supply is being overloaded. Reduce the number of bulbs in parallel or get a power supply with a higher capacity.

Archived