Moorings Way TMD - Cookies Diorama Entry

cookiescrumble

After spending the last few hours playing around with track plans, I decided to keep it simple for my entry. I also wanted to try and keep it as cheap as possible using bits and pieces I had laying about. The diorama will be a static piece.

To start with I made my self a base to build the Diorama on, out of a sheet of 5mm foamboard I have bought for my main layout. This is 20" long, 11" wide and is 10" tall. The track is Peco Code 55 offcuts I have from my main layout.

IMG_2599.jpg

This the track plan I'll be working around, the top 2 lines will be a diesel depot, with 2 inspection pits, the 2 at the bottom will serve a fuelling point and the line in the middle will be a storage lane.

DioramaPlan-2.jpg

This probably wont win me any prizes but I want to use it to practice some skills before taking them to the main layout. I also want to try building scalescenes kits for this and see how I get on with them.

Looks like a good plan. I'm going for the same idea: "This probably wont win me any prizes but I want to use it to practice some skills before taking them to the main layout. I also want to try building scalescenes kits for this and see how I get on with them."

Good luck!

Archived