Brooking

Del

I had intended to build a diorama of the last days of Broad Street station, one platform, one length of track, some plywood and a set of steps and a signalbox on another disused platform.

But on Saturday, I happened to mention to Colin that there should be a bucolic light railway/branch line called 'Brooking' (we're both avid West Ham fans!).

So here it is (or a bit of it anyway).

There's a platform with a rudimentary station building, backing onto some terraced houses and a headshunt & goods shed siding with a cobbled yard

I'm hoping not to have to buy anything for this layout, using stuff that has been collected over the years.

post-6755-0-30723900-1306259321_thumb.jpg

post-6755-0-07502800-1306259333_thumb.jpg

I've had another shuffle about with track, and I think the plan above is probably the best I can do with what I have.

I am toying with another siding in front of the goods shed, to give the illusion that there is more of the yard off scene (the right-hand scenic break will probably be a bridge) but still not sure about that...

To be honest, I know this isn't particularly original or unusual, it will be proprietary track (code 100 Setrack), stock and buildings (except the platform which I will try and build from scratch).

But I have never finished *anything* before, I am determined to finish this one and we've all got to start somewhere!

Archived