Limited OO gauge fiddleyard space

Hi.

Hopefully along with this post is a sketch of my fiddleyard arrangements.

FY 1 show a 4 track fiddleyard, this means a train commencing from the top road must travel "wrong line" until it reaches the cross over.

FY 2 shows 3 tracks and does mean a train arriving at the f/y can leave on the correct track.

I have seen arrangements whereby the main lines are taken into a single track and then fan out into the fiddleyard, although I think this will reduce the amount of storage I have.

I am not overly concerned about the length of my trains but just want to ensure I have made the best use of the storage space I have.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

You can get away with a single line entry. Put in the track a as double track with a crossover. You then put in a suggestion that one of the lines is under engineering possession so all trains have to use the single track. Hey presto you have ingle line entry to your fiddle yard and no need for unnecessary wrong line running.

Attached is a slightly amended version of one of your plans. By incorporating a double-slip all fiddle-yard roads are accessible for incoming trains, although the compromise is to lose a few inches of length in several tracks.

I hope this helps.

Graeme

post-2676-0-09646900-1306675103_thumb.jpg

Archived