Welcome to DURM

• RMweb Premium

Now that Andy has the Groups up and running, I thought it was time that the previous DURM followers and any new ones, had a chance to again have input into DURM related topics.

Just a short bio on me, retired now with 3 grandsons on the scene, ex POM originally from Lancs, been an Aussie since 1951 (long since lost my Lancs accent, alas) and I model 00 BR from Nationalisation to end of steam roughly in North West LMR area.

So now, feel free to join in with any topics pertaining to Down Under Railway Modellers

Peter :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A friend of mine, a keen Railway Modeller, has recently moved from the UK to Caulfield North, Melbourne, but is having trouble finding a local Model Railway Club. Can anybody help, please? I'll re-direct any response to him. His name is Alf Wood and his primary interest is UK steam 00 gauge, but he also has some American HO stuff.

Thanks for your help,

Paul.

http://www.brma.asn.au/

Monthly meetings often in the Melbourne area among many other benefits.

Thanks for that, Gwiwer, but it doesn't exactly fit in the category of a 'local' club, i.e. with layouts,etc. I'll pass on your link to him and he may well join, but think he's also really looking for somewhere that meets on a weekly basis, similar to our club back here in Chertsey.

Thanks again,

Paul.

• RMweb Premium

I don't think the "scene" is quite the same here. There might be a club out there somewhere meeting weekly in a clubroom with a layout but so far as I am aware the BRMA meetings (which are in member's homes) are about as close as it gets.

Other than that simply following the locals on one of the internet boards can give rise to friendships and regular meetings. DURM is as good a place to start as any; those of us who live close enough meet more or less regularly around our home layouts.

Thanks for that, Gwiwer, but it doesn't exactly fit in the category of a 'local' club, i.e. with layouts,etc. I'll pass on your link to him and he may well join, but think he's also really looking for somewhere that meets on a weekly basis, similar to our club back here in Chertsey.

Thanks again,

Paul.

I'm a member of the Waverley MRC, based in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, membership presently about 60. We have a dedicated clubroom in North Dandenong (just off the M1 Freeway / Stud Road jnc.) Currently under construction there are an HO and N layouts. There is also a small British contingent who are building a UK 1950s layout at our other location in Ashwood (off Huntingdale road, close to Jordanville station). We meet at both places weekly.

I'd be happy provide more detail by p.m.

Peter (aka 'Waverley')

I'm a member of the Waverley MRC, based in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, membership presently about 60. We have a dedicated clubroom in North Dandenong (just off the M1 Freeway / Stud Road jnc.) Currently under construction there are an HO and N layouts. There is also a small British contingent who are building a UK 1950s layout at our other location in Ashwood (off Huntingdale road, close to Jordanville station). We meet at both places weekly.

I'd be happy provide more detail by p.m.

Peter (aka 'Waverley')

Hi Peter,

Thanks for that. It sounds just what Alf is looking for. I don't know how you PM, but if you can send me some contact details, I'll pass them on to him.

Regards,

Paul.

Archived