Penzance Sleeper

• RMweb Gold

Wondering if anyone could tell me what the train formation was for the sleeper train between London and Penzance when it was running back in the 50's and 60's? I think it was the Night Riviera then, but not sure.

I assume its confirmed in Becketts "Operation Cornwall", but I don't want to invest in the book if it doesn't answer the question.

Thanks

Wondering if anyone could tell me what the train formation was for the sleeper train between London and Penzance when it was running back in the 50's and 60's? I think it was the Night Riviera then, but not sure.

I assume its confirmed in Becketts "Operation Cornwall", but I don't want to invest in the book if it doesn't answer the question.

Thanks

No need to invest in the Becket book. Much better to look at the carriage workings. Here are a couple of pages from the Summer 1956 Paddingtion Station Workings.

WR1956SummerPaddington-PenzanceSleepers-1.jpg

WR1956SummerPaddington-PenzanceSleepers-2.jpg

I have lots of WR carriage workings from the 1950s through to the 1980s, but by no means a complete collection prior to 1968. Most have been in PDF form in the Files section of my Yahoo Group BRCoachingStock at some point over the past three years or so (link below). A couple are there now.

Pick a year, I may have the details.

Archived