Nortonian`s 7mm Northeastern Loco Works Pt 1

Nortonian

Well I dunno it looks more like Kate Bush to me!

Amazing work by the way, it must be very satisfying scratch-building locos , especially when the results are so stunning.

Thankyou Adrian,

Yes I changed the avatar again whilst twiddling with the driver error messages, looking for something a little easier on the eye.wink.gif

I am never satisfied with anything I do and always wonder if I should of done things better/differently. I am though looking forward to getting back on with the J71/2`s this next week. We`ll see how we go.

Kindest

Ian

P.S. Ooo, and there`s those two Modified Halls as well.

Now then Ian,

Anyone interested, i'm waiting with bated breathbiggrin.gif !!. Can you recomend any other internet groups as a source of proto type pictures for J71/2/3/7 's. Mick Nich ius helping out no end and has come up with some real gems but I'm a great believer that you can never have too many proto type pictures. Can't wait to 68245 come to life,

Best regards Mick

Now then Ian,

Anyone interested, i'm waiting with bated breathbiggrin.gif !!. Can you recomend any other internet groups as a source of proto type pictures for J71/2/3/7 's. Mick Nich ius helping out no end and has come up with some real gems but I'm a great believer that you can never have too many proto type pictures. Can't wait to 68245 come to life,

Best regards Mick

Hi Mick,

J71 photographs are very hard to come by, I have found anyway. Buying photographs at shows and keeping the pics from mags is a good source, other than that, things are a bit thin on the ground.

I`ll be back to this thread on Tuesday. (he said

Dear All,

Perhaps now is the time to add the next few photo`s as I see the forum is just starting to run slow, so perhaps it`s about to go off soon. Okay this morning though.

Where were we ????. unsure.gif .....................ah yes, hornguides.smile.gif

The holes previously drilled are now extended in the rough, down to the edge, thus...............

post-7282-12645234838554_thumb.jpg

Well that picture took about three minutes to upload so I guess we`d better be quick !.

Next the holes are cleaned up and made a sliding fit for the square axleboxes.

post-7282-12645236585286_thumb.jpg

Now if anyone knows where I can get hold of some more of these square hornblocks, I would be most grateful as my stock is running low. I bought them years ago from Ron Chaplin and I think the likes of JPL, but I hav`nt seen them available for years. 8mm square they are.

Next we need to make a jig to drill the guides for the rivets.

Watch this space !rolleyes.gif

Ian

Archived