Prototype Deltic

briz1234

Hi All/ Horsetan

Not sure that this is the correct place to put this topic as concerns the class 55's `Daddy'!.. :D :D please feel free to move as required!!

Hopefully there should be a couple of piccy's attached to this post of a Dapol Deltic I was working on many moon's ago (must be at least 8 years or more! :O ) for the benefit of Horse ;) .. I havent forgotten, I'll put them in the post to you soon!

post-437-0-32351500-1307586259_thumb.jpg

post-437-0-43426700-1307586286_thumb.jpg

Cheers!

Brian

Brian/Sean, no problems at all puitting this on here - I presume that's the Bachmann unit behind in the photos. I've a few shots I grabbed at Shildon last Nov somewhere... I'll see if I can find one or two relevant ones and post these here... or start a Deltics Gallery.... yes, that'd be a good idea!:yes:

Ah.....now that's what I'm looking for.

I'm convinced the bodysides on mine need deepening by about 1mm, so have added some strip.....but looking at a broadside photo again shows me that the top line of the engine room windows should coincide with the bottom sills of the cabside windows. Kitmaster seem to have either:

- moved the top line of their engine room windows up above that line; or

- made the cabside windows too deep

Could it be the latter, though, because the cabside windows seem to be on the correct level vis-a-vis the line which separates the top of the nose from the rest of the nose. There are quite a few optical illusions!

I knew the windscreens / nose tops needed some work; I can see that mine will need a LOT!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Simon, thanks for adding this on here; I read this on the yahoo group and wondered about posting a link to that on here... I didn't realise that you were here too. Thanks for adding this... should be invaluable to those DP1 modellers.

Simon, thanks for adding this on here; I read this on the yahoo group and wondered about posting a link to that on here... I didn't realise that you were here too. Thanks for adding this... should be invaluable to those DP1 modellers.

My pleasure after all it is all about helping as many people as possible produce as accurate model as they can.

Regards

Simon

Archived