Electrical Connection to tender

Not sure if this si the right area as they're are so many ones this could fit in.

I'm planning to modify my some of my loco's with lights on both the front and rear of the tenders. This obviously involves running cable to the tender to power the lights so they can be controlled using the DCC Decoder.

Now I don't want to have the tender permanently connected the the loco so i was wondering what people use so they aren't always connected.

Are there some little 6 pin connecters that you can get which when connected are small enough not to be noticed when the loco and tender are connected. if so where can you buy these from?

Thanks in advance guys and I'm sorry if this may seem a stupid question but we've all got to start somewhere.

Are there some little 6 pin connecters that you can get which when connected are small enough not to be noticed when the loco and tender are connected. if so where can you buy these from?

DCC Concepts sell some very small 2 & 4pin connectors, available at Bromsgrove models.

A helicopter model supplier appears on ebay with some too.

I think you will find either of thease more suitable than Maplins offerings.

Archived