Wellow

I am trying to model Wellow in OO. I need a picture of the Up starter signal. Has anyone got one please? I have all the usual Ivo Peter's shots etc. Did the signal have a lower repeater arm?

BW

Richard

There are photos showing the signal in the Middleton Press Bath to Evercreech Junction volume and in the Judge & Potts Historical Survey of the Somerset and Dorset Railway. The latter includes track and signalling diagrams. The signal appears to have been a typical lattice post with a single arm.

Nick

Thanks Nick; I have both books but the position of a secondary arm has always been masked by something, hence my question.

As long as it was a single arm I'm fine!

Thanks again,

Richard

There are photos showing the signal in the Middleton Press Bath to Evercreech Junction volume and in the Judge & Potts Historical Survey of the Somerset and Dorset Railway. The latter includes track and signalling diagrams. The signal appears to have been a typical lattice post with a single arm.

Nick

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Wellow Ground Frame. Signal diagram.

D

Wellow rating n.d.

D

Wellow. Locking plan.

D

Diagram of signals at Wellow station 2/8/1892. copy

D

Diagrams of signals Wellow station 14/6/1894. copy

D

WELLOW Viaduct, widening between Wellow and Midford. Microfilm print.

D

Wellow viaduct, widening between Wellow and Midford. Microfilm print

D

Wellow signalling & locking diagram 1945

D

set of seven S&D line Wellow - Foxcote 2ch to 1" - Sale Plans BR(WR) 19 March 1986

D

Have you seen the drawing of the box in the Wellow gallery on the S&D trust website?

That is the only things of use though on the trust gallery. They also have a number of plans mainly of signalling which for some reason have attached above this text.

Regards

Duncan

If you can't drop me a pm and I will see what I can do.

regards

Duncan

Thanks Duncan.

For some reason the iPad in France won't let me send you a pm so I will have to wait until I return to the UK in a week's time.

Thanks again,

BW

Richard.

Archived