Model Rail 158

Calnefoxile

Just dropped on the door mat this morning, looks like an entertaining read again.

Layouts include:

West Tilgate - N Gauge - Crawley MRS

Hythe Parkway - OO Gauge - Private Layout

Brewery Lane - O Gauge - Preston O Gauge Group

Loads of reviews including:

Hornby Railroad Tornado

Bachmann 2-EPB

Bachmann FNA - Nuclear Flask Wagon

Heljan 26

Scenecraft Diesel Depot

L.H.Loveless O Gauge A1/A3

Bachmann LT Pannier

No N Gauge reviews this month, but the Dapol Hall arrived too late for review, but will be reviewed next month.

Mentions of the Farish 350, 4-CEP, NGS Queen Mary and Dapol 26 soon to be appearing, along with the NRM Flying Scotsman in Wartime Black, and that Hattons expect painted Metrovicks in stock soon.

Lots of good articles in the Workbench section, including a basic one on cutting and joining rails. In Q&A a very intersting article about identifying Tenders, not my cup of tea but very intersting all the same.

Anyway another good edition from Ben Jones, Chris Leigh (Dibber25) and the gang.

Just one thing though, couldn't someone have pointed out to Gaugemaster that their back cover advert has the wrong dates on it??????? According to my calender September 11th and 12th are the Sunday and Monday, if I'm wrong then the N Gauge show at Leamingtons advertising is all wrong as well, and my birthday has moved to the Friday :P :P

Regards

Neal.

• RMweb Gold

Judging by my initial skim through it is yet another good issue and the weathering on the 0 Gauge Class 26 is something truly marvellous and obviously done with a really good eye for the real thing.

I was amused to about the comments in 'Backscene' regarding the notice reminding Drivers at Farringdon to drop the pantograph - the main reason it's there is that Farringdon was a place where Drivers had a tendency to overlook that task although possibly not with such spectacular results as happened with Eurostars at Continental Jcn and Sandling (where I believe there might still be a small chunk missing from the footbridge). A regrettable fact of life with overhead to 3rd rail changeovers is that they can sometimes be overlooked and there are a number of structures about the railway that bear witness to such 'errors'.

• RMweb Gold

An S&D special can only mean one thing, a Stockton & Darlington special! :laugh:

A 00 model of Locomotion No.1 would be quite something though, especially with working valve gear!

The Tornado review seemed a bit confusing with reference being made to all three versions but all the specific details seem to relate the Railroad one. Also realised that there is one too many icons being used in the loco reviews - as an icon is shown for the loco being fitted with an 6/8/21 pin socket then an icon saying it is dcc ready is not needed, and the dcc fitted one could be changed simply to a sketch of a decoder.

Archived