Two Yard

devious diesel

I had to scrap my old layout Skyrack stabling point due to lack of space, I hope in the future to build a better version perhaps in P4.

So I have decided to build a small layout/diorama of a fuel point so I still have something to play about with while I get my head around what to do next.

Anyway its only small, making it easy to store and hasn't taken much time so far.

It's just two yards of track, some Knightwing kits with working LED lighting.

I will be very interested in any thought's or comment's. At the moment I am trying to decide if I should bother ballasting the track or just leave it as it is?.

I will try to get the layout outside and take some better photo's later in the week.

Regards David.

post-6796-12589991736307_thumb.jpg

post-6796-12589997326688_thumb.jpg

? hi david, sorry to hear skyrack went to the layout graveyard, i really liked that layout and the thread you had on the old forum, but i can see you have continued with the good work though and this looks fantastic, are you on dcc or dc as this would work well with a few sound locos

regards

neil

Hi all

Mason, the layout is DCC I have eight sound loco's at the moment, even though the layout only small I can still get some thrash out of them.

torkardlane, I like the earth idea.

Shortliner , Don't know about the shed idea I think it would make things look compressed. I like the fencing idea may go with that one.

Cheers David.

I like this David.

I am considering doing a similar "winter project" as I've become a bit stuck with my loft layout (and it gets a bit cold up there in the winter!)

I look forward to seeing your progress.

Dave

Neil

I have decided to leave this project alone as it works for me as is(I will have to tidy the wiring and put a skirt around it to hide them)

I like the mini layout concept i.e. two yards of track on small board so I am thinking about modelling the inside of TMD building ,inspection pit - raised walk way etc.

Or I might build both ideas into one layout.

Anyone got any opinions

David

Neil

I have decided to leave this project alone as it works for me as is(I will have to tidy the wiring and put a skirt around it to hide them)

I like the mini layout concept i.e. two yards of track on small board so I am thinking about modelling the inside of TMD building ,inspection pit - raised walk way etc.

Or I might build both ideas into one layout.

Anyone got any opinions

David

The inside of a TMD building, that is something i have wondered about doing myself in a boxfile, so i would be interested to see how this progresses if you go ahead with this idea!! :) Good look, and i reallyliek what you have there allready David!

Danny

hi david, i think danny has just hit on a new concept for you. i for one know how much a boxfile can create a good layout, and i think the joining the two together could work well.

also if you use a box file for the TMD, it creates a moduler system for you and would help with the space restrictions you have, and i think its something alot of people would like to model but never actually do.

for good inspiration have a look a pics of Worcester road, i know its O gauge but it looks fantastic

look forward to seeing more

regards

neil

Been messing about with the layout again.

This is it. Not doing anymore to this project.

I am still trying to decide what to do next. I would like to something to a proper high standard and yes it will be a dreaded depot based layout again.

I think the key to it will be just to model an area of the shed not try to cram to much in, any I will have to give it more thought.

Two yard will give me somewhere to play for the time been.

David

P.S. sorry about the blurry pic I will take some better ones on another day - hopefully outside so I can get some natural light which always looks best to me.

post-6796-12595149787193_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived