Templecombe turntable

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 15/12/2022 at 16:27, tingleytim said:

Slightly off topic but I’ve never worked out how the loco for the late SO train got to Bournemouth.

The loco for the late SO train came south on the 16.13 from Evercreech.  Monday to Friday that loco returned to Bath on the 8.10 freight from Poole.  On Saturdays that freight did not run.  But the late SO train only went to Templecombe after which the Templecombe crew were booked to take the loco to Evercreech for turning before going back on shed. (Can't think why.)  Did the loco make it back to Bath the next morning as a light engine?

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

Getting “Templecombe Lower” ready for the Bristol exhibition at Thornbury Leisure Centre over the bank holiday weekend 3 to 5 May.  I hope some of the contributors to this and other Somerset and Dorset Railway Group discussions will be able to come and see the layout in operation.  We’ll be replicating sequences that happened during mornings in the late 50s/early 60s either side of Junctions 2 and 3.  Quite challenging for the operators - as it probably was for the signalmen in that period!

• Like 4

Oh dear....I would really like to come and see this, but it clashes with the WSR 'Spring Event' and other things too :-(
Mind you, knowing my 'luck', I won't get to any of the events after all !

Edited by RailWest
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I'm definitely coming, travelling down by train on Friday morning from Ramsgate to Bristol Parkway, afternoon till 7 at the exhibition, hotel for the night, exhibition again on Saturday till about 4 then train home again.  Well that's the plan anyway.   

Looking at the exhibitors list it looks like everything that the Alley Pally exhibition was not, that was a massive disappointment, so I plan to be there for a long time.  I've been before, quite a lot of times (but not for quite a while) and always of a Friday, driving down in the morning before it opens and back in the evening, but I don't fancy the drive now (I live even further away now).

I'll spend a lot of time watching Templecombe, like I did at Doncaster last year. 

Peter 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 08/04/2024 at 16:02, RailWest said:

Oh dear....I would really like to come and see this, but it clashes with the WSR 'Spring Event' and other things too :-(
Mind you, knowing my 'luck', I won't get to any of the events after all !

I was really hoping you would be able to come to see TL at Bristol Chris after all your help with signalling information.  Thanks once again.