Britain's Historic Railway Buildings

melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

Is:

"Britain's Historic Railway Buildings: An Oxford Gazetteer of Structures and Sites" By Biddle (OUP 2003)

the same book as this:

"Britains Historic Railway Buildings: A Gazetteer of Structures and Sites" By Biddle (Ian Allan 2011)?

They appear to be the same as the page number total is the same but the book size is slightly different.

I assume it is just a reprint with a new publisher but has it been updated?

Keith

Hi all

Is:

"Britain's Historic Railway Buildings: An Oxford Gazetteer of Structures and Sites" By Biddle (OUP 2003)

the same book as this:

"Britains Historic Railway Buildings: A Gazetteer of Structures and Sites" By Biddle (Ian Allan 2011)?

They appear to be the same as the page number total is the same but the book size is slightly different.

I assume it is just a reprint with a new publisher but has it been updated?

Keith

It's a new edition, updated to include many of the stations that have been given listed building status since the first edition was produced (eg, Broxbourne), and with some colour photographs added.

The paper has gone glossy, too, if you like that sort of thing, and the typeface has changed (I prefer the look and feel of the older edition, especially the treatment of the headings, but I'm an old fart).

It's one of my favourite railway books.

Paul

• RMweb Premium

It's a new edition, updated to include many of the stations that have been given listed building status since the first edition was produced (eg, Broxbourne), and with some colour photographs added.

The paper has gone glossy, too, if you like that sort of thing, and the typeface has changed (I prefer the look and feel of the older edition, especially the treatment of the headings, but I'm an old fart).

It's one of my favourite railway books.

Paul

Thanks for that. I had a quick browse and it looked pretty interesting but I took a sharp intake of breath when I saw it was £60!

I have since found it advertised around £36 plus P&P so I might cough up.

Keith

Archived