gear train for Bachman 57 pannier

panniertank

Does anyone have an insight on how to obtain the nylon gear train components for a class 57xx outline Bachman loco? I bought one from a member on here, which worked well up until I left it running slowly on a test track and left it for a few minutes. When I returned, the loco had stopped, and furthermore the motor had burnt out ! I managed to buy a recon motor from a retailer in swindon [hows THAT for keeping it GW !]

I fitted the motor, after which much fiddling around, got the thing to work - BUT, after examining the *** poor contacts for the motor to chassis, found that because of the previous 'meltdown', the largest of the drive train cogs had sustained some damage to it's teeth [about 3 of them looked as if the nylon had melted] The loco ran, but very roughly [as you might expect] So, here Iam with a pannier with rigor mortis!

Good thing is: If anyone else has problems with these type of motors [ the horrible round things] then it may pay to dis assemble the loco and check that those primitive contact wires are REALLY touching the chassis - I cured THAT problen by ingenuity, but the gear wheel? Sadly, that is beyond me apart from replacement, so if anyone has any old gear wheels/cogs, whatever you call 'em, I'd be very grateful as I hate having things which SHOULD work, but don't. Happy to pay a fair price.

Archived