Midland Valley Railway.

Perkins04

I plan on making a Railway Series Arlesdale Railway and Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway mix layout railway called the Midland Valley Railway. The engines are going to be Perkins in black with blue lining and River Esk in the same green with red lining paint like his Railway Series counterpart, Rex. Perkins will be handling the works, goods, and rescue trains and River Esk (which will be custom made) is handling the passenger service. The stations are going to be Laurghway Station and Bylan Station. The goods traffic will be ballast, coal, metal, lumber, iron ore, and stone. the Haults are Lanewait, Bylan Green, Fisher Village, Quarry Siding, and Midland Road. There will be a quarry, a ballast mine, a steel works, a lumber yard, an iron ore mine, and a coal yard with a mine. There will be a yard too, along with an engine shed. I'm free to any advice and I will thank everyone for advice whether it will be useful to what I'm doing or not really relavent to the subject but can be used with my other layouts, the West Lakeside Railway which will be narrow gauge 009 4mm scale and the Highland Coastline Railway which is stanard gauge in HO. Be sure to look out for those topics soon.

No offence fella, but your topic has only been up for about 1 and a half hours, you can't expect a flood of responses in so little time.

It may also help if you edit your first post to be a little more readable, it's currently a massive rambling wall of text which is a little difficult to decipher, and you've also left out a number of important details:

Where will your layout be? Garage? Loft? Bedroom?

How much space do you have available?

What are the dimensions of the layout?

Personally, I like the idea, however, it does sound like you are trying to fit WAY too much in to the layout. Quarries, mines, lumber yards and the like are very large, and unless you have a lot of room available you're gonna struggle to fit them all in.

I'm not good with math and layout dimensions will EASLY confuse me "-_-. But it's going to be a straight through a valley type railway, the layout design will be the way the Ravenglass& Eskdale Railway and will have the same ballast loading chute for the HO layout as in the Railway Series book Small Railway Engines. The layout is going to have maintinace, goods, and passenger works and if there is an accident while River Esk is on passenger service, (this will be part of my series) Perkins will be there to help, I also will be adding Lady Wakefield and River Mite to the fleet. I'll remove the lumber yard, steel works, and coal yard from it and only have the iron ore mine, ballast mine, and quarry the diesels will be taking care of the other work while the two steam locos will be taking care of the passenger traffic. Thanks for the compliment about my idea by the way and thanks for the advice as well. I'm also a little impaitent "-_-.

Archived