Glasgow&southwestern 6 ton van plan

dana

Found going through my stuff while trying to find what switches i had for my railway A Glasglow & south western 6 ton van plan By Kenneth A Werret for the model constructor in the june1986 issue . If any intrest let me know and i'll email it to you as I see the mag is (was) a part of the Ian Allen publishing Co .

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Found going through my stuff while trying to find what switches i had for my railway A Glasglow & south western 6 ton van plan By Kenneth A Werret for the model constructor in the june1986 issue . If any intrest let me know and i'll email it to you as I see the mag is (was) a part of the Ian Allan publishing Co .

Sadly, not in my copy of MRC for June 1986.

:bad:

I think the plan appears in the July 1974 issue page 217. I can't be sure as I can't find your version, but shouldn't be too hard to find as MRC had an index regularly.

Also for the G&SWR is the 8Ton double end door Goods & Mineral Wagon March 1971 page 88.

and G&SWR 8Ton Medium sided wagon March 1975 page 98.

There are also wagon plans belonging to other Scottish companies, if any one is interested.

FWIW the June 1986 issue includes photos of 37 081 Loch Long & 37 012 Loch Rannoch and detailing the Lima model 37.

Kevin Martin

Found going through my stuff while trying to find what switches i had for my railway A Glasglow & south western 6 ton van plan By Kenneth A Werret for the model constructor in the june1986 issue . If any intrest let me know and i'll email it to you as I see the mag is (was) a part of the Ian Allen publishing Co .

Hi

just had a rumage myself to see what I could find on Glasgow & South Western wagon drawings, found the following:

G&SW 10 ton double end door goods and mineral wagon (1917) Railway Modeller Oct 1979

G&SW 8 ton double end door goods and mineral wagon (1920) Model Railway Constructor Oct 1982

G&SW 10 ton high sided goods wagon (1917) Railway Modeller June 1977

G&SW 10 ton box van Railway Modeller March 1974

G&SW 8 ton pig iron wagon (1918) Railway Modeller Sep 1974

you have got to wonder how many railway wagon types would have vanished into obscurity without good old Kenneth A. Werrett, showing wagons not as built but in service - how they appeared in reality.

• 3 months later...

Yes please. All plans for wagons of Scottish companies are of interest particularly North Bitish. How will you get them to me?

Archived