RMweb

Leon

Scott.

Thanks mate, I have been wanting to do a "bigger/overall" shot for a while like many others have but never been happy shoing the messy attic around it, so this evening I spent five in the photo edit stuff and done some cropping, I struggle to get good light in the attic even with 12 Halogen spot lights abouth the layout and a 500w Floodlight on a stand...lol..

It is hard to keep with the layout, I go up there some evenings and really resent it and after seeing others wish mine was different, I was laying in bed the other night thinking I should have or should I rip it up and just have a track running into a coal loading point, nice and simple with no more than a couple of points and a run round loop for the MGR train, the rest of the scenary just taken up by coal mounds and hills, but then the thought of all that kaos keeps this one going...

I hounestly cant see why you would want to change yours, it looks like there is plenty of interesting movements than can be played with and the modelling and scenary I can not fault, so stick with it, please..

Edited by Leon
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

more of a green colour. Nothing exciting just a standard loco seen everywhere.

Cheers

Scott

Is that why your avatar seems to have been changed back to an earlier version then????

Superb pictures as usual Leon and don't worry we all go through that state of mind where you wish your layout was like someone else's! Believe me if you had one of those moments and rip it all up I'm sure you would come to regret it. Keep going fella the layout has got a lot of fans on here mate.

• Like 1

Thanks Ian, Not yet got a South Wales Original Railfreight 37 so a Northen will have to do for this photo, Plans next to take the steelworks off and re spay it a blue, too much grey on the layout, then work will start on the two motorways, road marking and signs etc and a few local buses.

post-5554-0-70221300-1339539252_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-06642900-1339539285_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-33718500-1339539314_thumb.jpg

Edited by Leon
  • Like 6

Please rethink your move on removing the steel works back scene as in my

own opinion this would take away the atmosphere of the S Wales scene

My own recollections of my many visits to Margam Depot " those were the days "

were that of a murky scene brought about by the emmissions from the steelworks

by all means add a motorway

Looking foreward to seeing your changes

David

Thanks Scott,

Hi David, Scott is correct, Im going to repaint the steelworks at the end of the layout, at present its a primer grey but after passing the one in Cardiff and seeing others I think a weathered pale blue will look better, The Port Talbot backscene is staying as since adding that by removing some low relief warehousing it opens up the yard and gives it depth, there is a motorway in the right hand corner which is used to hide the corner, this needs to be worked on, pretty basic at presant. Looking at the 3rd pic abouve, looks a bit rural not industrial...hmmmm Although there is a lot of greanery around Margam I guess.

Thanks again guys for your comments, Not got any spare cash to buy bits for a while so any updates may be just of train movements.

Cheers

Leon

Some great pics leon, I like the depth of the layout you created.

Really like the space around the small portakabin and office building.

How is the depot looking now??

Cheers

Neil

Thanks again guys for your comments, Not got any spare cash to buy bits for a while so any updates may be just of train movements.

Cheers

Leon

Train movements are fine by me Leon. Always been an inspirational layout for me this, ever since it was bare boards on the last forum.

I don't comment much, or do any work on my own layout due to work "stuff". But hopefully I will be starting again soon.

So please keep posting pics and I'll keep popping by!

Guy

• RMweb Premium

This isn't the era I follow or model, and hence shouldn't be of interest but I find myself drawn to your layout and always interested to see your updates. The reason being that it is believable and your layout captures it so very well, and you should be proud of what you have achieved. Keep the updates coming as I am sure that I am not alone in thinking that.

• Like 1

Thanks Peter, David Winpenny, Guy & Sandside, David (Bluefredie) No need to apologise, I looked at the post again and can see were your comming from, under the post was a pic of the Steel works on the backscene, thank you for the interest and welcome comments.

Took a few snaps this eveing, trying to photo the opperational fleet which is 14, started with the 09 shunters tonight the 60, 66 and a 37.

Hi Mason, depot doing well, has an Inter City 47 on shed at the mo, maybe waiting for some coaching stock, still got a few things on the shopping list to detail the layout, still no fork lift truck to be seen anywhere yet or a CAT for all thet ballast at the end of the yard !.

A rake of TTA's and 4-5 TTA's for depot fuel, a rake od MEA Coal Boxes, more SSA Scrap wagons, few more BDA's and some new Railfreight BAA still to get.

09107 shunts some steel wagons

59 & 47 visitors to South Wales

The Steel works to be painted a faded Blue like Tremorfa Steelworks in Cardiff

EWS 66 on Freightliner

New meets old 66 meets 60

Trainload coal with short HEA train.

Thanks Peter, David Winpenny, Guy & Sandside, David (Bluefredie) No need to apologise, I looked at the post again and can see were your comming from, under the post was a pic of the Steel works on the backscene, thank you for the interest and welcome comments.

Took a few snaps this eveing, trying to photo the opperational fleet which is 14, started with the 09 shunters tonight the 60, 66 and a 37.

Hi Mason, depot doing well, has an Inter City 47 on shed at the mo, maybe waiting for some coaching stock, still got a few things on the shopping list to detail the layout, still no fork lift truck to be seen anywhere yet or a CAT for all thet ballast at the end of the yard !.

A rake of TTA's and 4-5 TTA's for depot fuel, a rake od MEA Coal Boxes, more SSA Scrap wagons, few more BDA's and some new Railfreight BAA still to get.

09107 shunts some steel wagons

59 & 47 visitors to South Wales

The Steel works to be painted a faded Blue like Tremorfa Steelworks in Cardiff

EWS 66 on Freightliner

New meets old 66 meets 60

Trainload coal with short HEA train.

post-5554-0-23571600-1339703812_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-90433600-1339703851_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-84943600-1339703968_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-12130900-1339704167_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-57913400-1339704266_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-72432700-1339704310_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-49198400-1339704461_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-63295500-1339704496_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-21595400-1339704527_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Just a few shots caught at dusk, three Coal 37/8's stable in the Yard overnight ready for the morning working up the Valley's, whilst the stable point looks deserted.

post-5554-0-97543300-1339709441_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-18163900-1339709474_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-77268000-1339709546_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-95652400-1339709584_thumb.jpg

Edited by Leon
  • Like 13

Cheers Neil, I tend to store all the rolling stock in the fiddle yards in an attempt to keep the main yard looking unused.

Spentthe evening putting some Welsh Coal into 4 HEA's.

post-5554-0-75711500-1339792869_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-17757600-1339792905_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-67387400-1339792934_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I have ignored the wagons, I need to start thinking about loading them, the whole layout had empty wagons, When I get the MEA's I think I will have them loaded, also the rake of HEA's when they arrive along with another HAA MGR rake.

The short rake of HEA's is for the blending site in Newport Docks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Evening all,

Would anyone have any info and pics on Mainline Liveried Class 37's in South Wales, I remember seeing them pass the house on the SW Mainline with TTA Like tanks for the Britian Ferry area, I think the 37's with the chemical tanks were Immingham based as now and then they were Petroleum sector with Immingham Plaques.?

Im sure I also seen them other workings maybe timber but not sure. I know there was a few in Cornwall but im looking ast some from S Wales,

Many thanks guys

LEon

Sorry Leon, just checked my photos, no Mainline 37's at South Wales in my collection i'm afraid..

Is there a possibility that one may be arriving on your layout??

Cheers

Scott

Edit# Late night spelling!

Edited by pitbull1845
  • Like 1