DCC Decoder identification

backwaterscotland

I recently bought a kitbuilt EMU secondhand which came fitted with a DCC Decoder. What I was wondering was if anyone could identify it? There was a label on the chip (the remains of which can be seen in the photos) but the chip was stuck label down and the label disintegrated when I removed the chip.

The decoder is double sided and fitted with a detachable harness. I have a feeling it might be a Lenz but I'm not sure. I've had a search around the web and drawn a blank.

Any ideas? Make/Model?

Thanks

Andy B)

Read CV's 7 and 8, post the results.

You can check the maker (from the results of the CV reads) via a list on NMRA website which will narrow it down.

Thanks Nigel, I had thought of that but my DCC system is a Roco Lokmouse and hence can't read CVs. :(

It looks to me like a Lenz LE1025E.

Thanks Stu, A search around on the web shows that it does look like a LE1025E although all of the ones I found have holes rather than pads at the top end of them like this :

If it is an LE1025E that would suit me fine as most of my decoders are Lenz ones. My query about the decoder is to ascertain the current capacity as I have a few locos with quite high current draws.

Many Thanks

Andy B)

I had a trawl of Steve Jones (Electricnose) website via the wayback machine and found a very clear photo of an LE1025E decoder. The markings are exactly the same down to the x5 marking on the circuit board :

Photo (I've put the image as a link as it's big and isn't quick to load).

So I'm happy that it's a Lenz LE1025E

Many thanks to all who helped.

Andy B)

• 2 weeks later...

If it's of any use, here is a link to the manual for the LE1025 .....

http://www.lenz.com/manuals/decoders/le1025jst.pdf

p.s. Bachmann also used this decoder, it was their original 4-function model.

Hi

I think you'll find Bachmann originally used a re-worked/(bach)ed ;) version of the LENZ 1014 not the later 1025 decoder

Archived