Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

DCC Decoder identification

backwaterscotland

I recently bought a kitbuilt EMU secondhand which came fitted with a DCC Decoder. What I was wondering was if anyone could identify it? There was a label on the chip (the remains of which can be seen in the photos) but the chip was stuck label down and the label disintegrated when I removed the chip.

The decoder is double sided and fitted with a detachable harness. I have a feeling it might be a Lenz but I'm not sure. I've had a search around the web and drawn a blank.

Any ideas? Make/Model?

Thanks

Andy B)

Read CV's 7 and 8, post the results.

You can check the maker (from the results of the CV reads) via a list on NMRA website which will narrow it down.

Thanks Nigel, I had thought of that but my DCC system is a Roco Lokmouse and hence can't read CVs. :(

It looks to me like a Lenz LE1025E.

Thanks Stu, A search around on the web shows that it does look like a LE1025E although all of the ones I found have holes rather than pads at the top end of them like this :

If it is an LE1025E that would suit me fine as most of my decoders are Lenz ones. My query about the decoder is to ascertain the current capacity as I have a few locos with quite high current draws.

Many Thanks

Andy B)

I had a trawl of Steve Jones (Electricnose) website via the wayback machine and found a very clear photo of an LE1025E decoder. The markings are exactly the same down to the x5 marking on the circuit board :

Photo (I've put the image as a link as it's big and isn't quick to load).

So I'm happy that it's a Lenz LE1025E

Many thanks to all who helped.

Andy B)

• 2 weeks later...

If it's of any use, here is a link to the manual for the LE1025 .....

http://www.lenz.com/manuals/decoders/le1025jst.pdf

p.s. Bachmann also used this decoder, it was their original 4-function model.

Hi

I think you'll find Bachmann originally used a re-worked/(bach)ed ;) version of the LENZ 1014 not the later 1025 decoder

Archived