Brake Tender.

This was built by Richard Chapman from a JLTRT kit and then passed to me to be finnished painted and weathered.

post-1872-0-36072900-1309338043_thumb.jpgpost-1872-0-12903600-1309338016_thumb.jpgpost-1872-0-20928900-1309337991_thumb.jpgpost-1872-0-49676000-1309337868_thumb.jpgpost-1872-0-42413700-1309338065_thumb.jpg

May I enquire what was the source of the lettering layout you have used. The large XP and tare would much more usually be at the extreme right hand end - as on any BR wagon and the information about coupling on the left. I accept there was a lot of variation in lettering, but none I photographed had this arrangement.

The weathering (and model itself) are excellent.

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/braketender

Paul Bartlett

May I enquire what was the source of the lettering layout you have used. The large XP and tare would much more usually be at the extreme right hand end - as on any BR wagon and the information about coupling on the left. I accept there was a lot of variation in lettering, but none I photographed had this arrangement.

The weathering (and model itself) are excellent.

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/braketender

Paul Bartlett

Paul it was done with your photo's matey infact look at brake tender your print lot 3448 York 1962. The transfers are from Fox.

the images looks very well ,and i think you do a dood job! if more different plces to dispaly will be fine ! more details is that i want to know ,could somebody repeat or just give a link 38.gifabout it !

thanks !:yes:

Irrespective of the above comments its an absolutely stunning bit of work! As with alot of the stuff on this forum the rest of us can only marvel! Brilliant stuff chap and if you ever feel like passing on any tips they would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Scott.

Fred what can i say but fantastic matey. I have read all the comments and iam amazed by some of them! I just can't begin to undertand their mentality. As you know i have a difficult client who hasn't got a clue and never will have. I would be very interested to see if they could produce the same quality of work that you and i can produce. This is a hobby which is all about enjoyment and thats what it should be. Not picking faults, Keep up the fantastic work mate, i know you will.....

Brilliant bit of weathering here - I'd rather aks a stupid question than simply presume - but I'm taking it the weathering was done with an airbrush? If so would you be willing to give details of paints used and any preferred techniques. I doubt I will be the only one looking for a bit of a master class before switching my compressor on!

Look forward to seeing the next bit of rolling stock off your workbench!

Cheers,

Stephen

Brilliant bit of weathering here - I'd rather aks a stupid question than simply presume - but I'm taking it the weathering was done with an airbrush? If so would you be willing to give details of paints used and any preferred techniques. I doubt I will be the only one looking for a bit of a master class before switching my compressor on!

Look forward to seeing the next bit of rolling stock off your workbench!

Cheers,

Stephen

Stephen

Yes it was done with an air brush using humbrol enamals and also water soluable oil paints and of course a good picture, there is a very good web site that may interest you and that is www.modeltrainsweathered.com

Archived