Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

LNER/ BR(E) Locomotive Concensus Thread

Ravenser

I doubt the Gresley B12 rebuild will be revamped. It was just a 4-6-0 that Triang chose to produce in the 1960s and it's main claim to fame was as a chassis donor for whitemetal kits, not because there was an overwhelming desire across the land to own a B12. Bachy has the LNWR tender but it would come as a suprise to flying pigs if they were to produce an LNWR 4-6-0 or 4-4-0 to back up their Super D.

Mmm, dunno about that Coach. I know what you're saying, it was a nice compact 4-6-0 with no valve gear to worry about, but I've always thought that some models from the '60s have a 'nostalgia factor'. Rather than buy them with 'correct' usage in mind, buyers fancy updated models of them simply because they remember them from when young, and/or they are types that have become imbued in the hobby's collective unconscious (why else do we see frequent calls for Presflos and Prestwins in the same breath, when they rarely worked together and most folk havent a clue what the latter were actually used for). And whilst I follow the tender analogy - and much as I'd love to see a George V or Precursor - the B12 does have more BR period and preservation-era awareness.

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps with this latest piece of information coming to light RE the Wishlist poll, we should put our thinking caps on, and get our views again and agree on a model to canvas support for?

Of course, we'd have to wait until after January 4th, just in case Hornby has made that J6/J11/J15/P2/etc etc etc we'd all like to see manufactured, but perhaps it would be prudent to have one final crack at agreement on a single, or two specific, prototypes for everyone to vote for.

Wait till after the Bachmann announcement too I think Simon. On the original thread I talked about getting the ball rolling. It is well in motion now, and I would not be surprised if it was moving even faster come March next year.

Archived