London Transport Engineer's Wagon Colours

Does anyone know if the grey colour used on these wagons is available or whether another colour would match? How about the red colour on the ends of the 20 ton brake vans? I am thinking of the wagons that would have been hauled by a London Transport pannier tank.

I am building a brake van a the moment but what other wagon types would have been used by London Transport?

Thanks

Dave

Sorry, can't help you with the colour, mine live in a grey primer colour!

Have a look at the Radley Models site. They have some resin kits for the LT GP wagons - http://www.radleymodels.com/page/service_stock

I assume these would have been the sort of thing the Panniers hauled around ?

Mine has to content itself with a few ballest wagons and a rail carrier. It does have brake vans at either end for all the complex shunting moves though.

• RMweb Premium

In the pannier-tank days (i.e. to 1971) many wagons were painted grey though a few types were from memory in the "service stock maroon" also worn by personnel carriers, electric sleet locos and others the same as the panniers and battery electric locos of the time. I can't quote you the exact shades nor confirm if there is a match in a proprietary range but always bear in mind that if you approximate the wagon could simply be faded or weathered!

Archived