Bulleid Day at Swanage

Tom Bayford

Sunday 29th November: Three Bullieds running. Tangmere will be running on Swanage Railway alongside 34070 Manston and 34028 Eddystone. Confirmed for Sun 29th Nov: Locos will swap at Swanage, with steam replacing the DMU on the Green timetable. The 13.10 departure will be double headed with 34067 and 34070. The first loco on the 09.50 departure is 34070 The second train at 10.30 is headed by 34028 34067 will work the 11.10 departure. *subject to operational constraints

So there will be lots of oppertunities of bulleid action!

and as an appitiser:

DSCF2090.jpg

DSCF2101.jpg

DSCF1927.jpg

DSCF1762.jpg

DSCF1770.jpg

DSCF1706.jpg

DSCF1612.jpg

I liked the shot of the double header at Corfe Castle with Tangmere and Manston heading to Swanage. Was the weather as desparate as the forecast suggested - strong winds, thunderstorms and plenty of rain?

Strong winds horrible rain hail and a little snow (yes SNOW!:O) no thunder though good amount of people around although the wind/rain was so strong the ash wagon robbled abit:huh:

Nice pics there. It's always nice to see Bulleids on the go. We managed to get out and see Tangmere on the mainline between Fleet and Farnborough yesterday morning. She was going well on the up main at around 11:35 am.

Pete

Yeah i heard she did well as our Operations manager was driving as he also works for West coast and two of our drivers were on the footplate and they all enjoyed itcool.gif

Well i have just found out about this railtour to Swanage next year Here it looks like an intresting choice of motive power smile.gif

So going to book that tour and its from Victoria again wonder if it be here doing the return or a shed can a skip go on Swanage metals biggrin.gif Im also doing the ED one t swanage in march though Tornado cool.gif Nice pictures there tom like the Manston Tangmere shot

ATB

James

So going to book that tour and its from Victoria again wonder if it be here doing the return or a shed can a skip go on Swanage metals biggrin.gif Im also doing the ED one t swanage in march though Tornado cool.gif Nice pictures there tom like the Manston Tangmere shot

ATB

James

Yeah skips can work down to us im probably doing all of them well being there :)

Cool that be good if its on the rear though now its got me thinking as its DBS doing the tour fingers cross for there DBS livery 37 cool.gif

It will most likley be Dbs or WCRC dont want any more crap 37's coming down! their 47 was nice though bt a crompton would be best or a western

What are these monstrosites how about a nice black 5 or Brit

That would be nice cool.gif though I got the ED tour first so have to see I bet it be a skip on the tornado tour and my guess is tornado will spent the week there and the 67 will work the tour back.

One other thing tom is where abouts did they put the railtour stock on the sunday 29th as I seen a shot showing manston and tangmere with the WCRC 47 in front of the DMU's

ATB

James

That would be nice cool.gif though I got the ED tour first so have to see I bet it be a skip on the tornado tour and my guess is tornado will spent the week there and the 67 will work the tour back.

One other thing tom is where abouts did they put the railtour stock on the sunday 29th as I seen a shot showing manston and tangmere with the WCRC 47 in front of the DMU's

ATB

James

Tornado might well spend a week down here but i doubt we will use it although stranger things have happened.

The stock was taken up Over the road in Eldons with Hotdog and Swordfish went up to bring it down and the 47 just stayed up the head shunt with the dmus and i got up in the cab while shunting :) so i have now been on a 08 33 37 and a 47 oh no!

Tornado might well spend a week down here but i doubt we will use it although stranger things have happened.

The stock was taken up Over the road in Eldons with Hotdog and Swordfish went up to bring it down and the 47 just stayed up the head shunt with the dmus and i got up in the cab while shunting smile.gif so i have now been on a 08 33 37 and a 47 oh no!

Im sure tornado will stay cool.gif Where abouts is Eldonsicon_confused.gif

ATB

James

Im sure tornado will stay cool.gif Where abouts is Eldonsicon_confused.gif

ATB

James

Would be nice to have a go as my freind on the Servern valley had a go and he said it was very good. Eldons is the next bit of track on from Norden were we keep the restoration 'projects'.

Would be nice to have a go as my freind on the Servern valley had a go and he said it was very good. Eldons is the next bit of track on from Norden were we keep the restoration 'projects'.

Go for itcool.gif I was thinking that bit of track but was not sure. what like these http://james-bartlett.fotopic.net/p57404227.html & http://james-bartlett.fotopic.net/p57404226.html

ATB

James

Archived