Heljan class 47 Chassis/shelll storage recommendations

totonlover

Hi

I have about 30 of the Heljan tubby duffs and just had the displeasure of finding my first warped chassis, after speaking to Howes they recommended storing the chassis's and shells seperate, has any-one come up with a storage solution for the in-evitable doubling of boxes i'm going to need?

any help appreciatted, B)

Thanks in advance :yes:

Hi there! Thanks for the message earlier and hope you don't mind me posting a reply on the forum.

Quite simply I store the Loco Chassis in the original Heljan box back in the foam padding. The bodies I store in plastic storage boxes. If it's of any use I use boxes made by the "Really Useful Box" company. Their 4L size box is enough to put about a half dozen or so bodies in, protected by some bubble wrap and tissue paper. The boxes themselves are a good solid construction and stack well so not likely to compress together and damage the contents. They are a little more expensive than a lot of other stationary storage boxes, but I think do the job a lot more securely and after all you are trying to protect a significant investment.

Sorry it might seem a low tech response to your question.

Archived