Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya Phil, yes the ramp still exists between the lower and upper levels (pictured below), and the new macro numbers are 60 - 63 for the lines atop, and the numbers for the 5 modified lines beneath are the same as they have always been 3 -7, as a matter of interest there are now 9 storage lines containing 18 computer (Railroad & Co) controlled passenger trains (the longest sequence takes 2 1/4 hours)  and 11 hidden storage lines for freight trains controlled by humans?

post-5799-0-06548900-1409641293.jpg

post-5799-0-17436700-1409641406.jpg

Edited by Hampshire Hog
  • Like 9

Hi Pete, In truth I haven't used the cassette system as it was designed for a long time, I purchased a Peco re-railer and modified it  to fit the height of a cassette when layed on the track- butt a cassette up to it and then push the stock  on or off the cassette - very hi-tech!!! I can still use this method for a while until the scenics start to appear on the new top board then I can use the Leaford Town top yard instead.

post-5799-0-17764300-1409667682.jpg

• Like 14

Hi Jamie, My thanks for your kind comments, unfortunately Leaford no longer goes out to shows anymore the extensions to the layout mean that it is permanently fixed in its room at home, I don't know where you are based but you would be welcome to visit at some time convenient perhaps you could pm me.

Another picky, 37035 makes ready to start an early morning permanent way train away from Leaford Town Yard heading for Eastleigh.

post-5799-0-70535400-1410677937.jpg

• Like 8

Hi Kevin

Great photo, love the light reflection off the track to... Have you put LEDs in the 'Yeoman' yourself as LED its not a standard on these older Hornby/Lima cl59's, there is a guy in Llanfairfechan that I take most of my locos to, who does all that word, he sells the lighting units on TBay... (Jason is his name) great guy and often go over to play trains lol

The only time I have seen a cl59 was down your way back in the late 90s and it was the 'ARC' cl59 with a rake of matching Hoppers Wagons, sadly I never though I never took photos back then which is a great shame...

Great photos and absolutely stunning layout you have bud.

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jamie sorry for the delay, I always like to show a photo whenever I post and my camera has had some problems, and I also have to admit that I have lost my interest in Leaford and railways in general not being anywhere near the railway room for a few days. 

Anyway in answer to your question yes I have put the lights in the 59 using LED's and such, and as my camera is feeling much better after some minor repairs, I have taken some more pictures I hope that you like them.

post-5799-0-66508300-1412063523.jpg

post-5799-0-43427400-1412063557.jpg

• Like 8

Hi Kevin

Always first class photo's and modelling, I think that we all need a break from our model railways or any Hobbies once in a while, but always nice to return and do some more as and when you feel like it.

Cheers, Bob.

• RMweb Premium

I also have to admit that I have lost my interest in Leaford and railways in general not being anywhere near the railway room for a few days. 

Sounds like we need to get that running evening sorted, lets get a date set.