M.R. Deeley dock tank 0-4-0t

• RMweb Gold

i have just started building a deeley tank and this time i think i'll bay some bits to make life a bit simpler for my self like the chimney dome etc from alan gibson. and have also used brass tube which has speeded things up alot allready dont know why i did noy think of that one sooner!!! But i have no idear about the motion gear dose any one sell it do you know ? and has any one got a photo of the back of a deeley tank and my be a inside the cab. any help would be most welcome

I assume this is the 1528 class as illustrated here? If so, there are some good detail photos in Essery & Jenkinson "An Illustrated Review of Midland Locomotives" volume 3. Unfortunately, only one of these shows the back and cab interior. There are photos of the cabs of other contemporary small engines in the book that could help. Good luck with the valve gear, it is, I think, the only small Midland engine with outside gear so I doubt if there is anything available that wouldn't need substantial adaption.

Nick

edit: ps. you might also want to take a look at the instructions for the Brassmasters kit as they may contain some useful information.

Hi,

There is a very good profile on the 1528 class by David Hunt in Midland Record No 27, with plenty of photograph and a complete set of drawings it is well worth a look and a perfect starting point.

John.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived