The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Calling RMWebbers in France

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold

I will be staying in France near St Paul de Garde, South of France for the first two weeks in September, then I will be travelling (slowly) from there to Roscoff, staying at places on the way.

Are there any RMWebbers in any of the areas I will be. If so, I would love to meet up, share a cool beer and maybe see your layout.

Also are there any interesting railway items to see. (prototype or model)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm in the middle of Brittany about 80km from Roscoff near Rostrenen. If you are in this neck of the woods I'd be happy to meet you and show you my half built American HO layout - and my rather less than half-rebuilt house - got to get you priorities right......

Only slight problem might be I'm due to go to Thailand somewhere round the end of the month if I can get everything sorted out by then.

Tom

• RMweb Gold

Colin

I'd love to say come and help sweep a few cobwebs off my US HO layout, and see progress on Beaworthy (Halwill Junction slightly shortened in OO) but Deb has just signed up for 15 weeks-worth of chemo-therapy, which will probably wipe out the rest of 2011 as far as sociability is concerned.

When you get to Roscoff, do go and peer at the station. I've been studying it a bit via the Internet, since finding a French magazine photo captioned something like "An adorable little olde-world station" as it was in the 60s/70s, and appears to be now.

I hope your holiday goes well!

Guest oldlugger

Hello Colin,

I'm in Provence in the south east of France if this is anywhere near where you will be staying?

All the best

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Hi Steve.

We will be staying about 120km from there just nort west of Nimes, so that sounds a practical distance. I've also looked up Manosque and it looks like a very nice place so should be able to persuade SWMBO that she would like to go there.

Lets see how things develop.

Cheers

Colin