Hornby Class 60 Sound removal and fitment ?

Great Western

Hello,

I’m fairly new to DCC Sound, so this may be a stupid question but please bearwith me.

I have three Hornby Class 60s with factory fitted sound, however I want to movethe sound packs from these three and into three others. I know I could justchange the chassis's but they are fitted out with pipes and weathered etc.

My question is, how easy is it to removed the sound package decoder and speakerfrom one chassis and fit it to the other ?

Is it a case of just unplugging the decoder and refitting to the other chassisor it is more complex ?

Regards

Great Western.

Hello,

I’m fairly new to DCC Sound, so this may be a stupid question but please bearwith me.

I have three Hornby Class 60s with factory fitted sound, however I want to movethe sound packs from these three and into three others. I know I could justchange the chassis's but they are fitted out with pipes and weathered etc.

My question is, how easy is it to removed the sound package decoder and speakerfrom one chassis and fit it to the other ?

Is it a case of just unplugging the decoder and refitting to the other chassisor it is more complex ?

Regards

Great Western.

The factory sound fitted locos could well be different internally to the unfitted ones unless the unfitted ones are ex-sound ones.

Sorry to be vague but Hornby do sometimes make modifications to both wiring and chassis to accommodate sound decoders

Logically, then a loco that was designed to take a sound decoder would be capable of having a sound decoder re-installed but it won't be plug and play....it never is.

My suggestion is to lift the body off a sound one and then a non sound one and put the two together so you can see what needs to be done.

Archived