Fowler Crab sound

superkev

Hi

Im looking for a LMS Fowler Crab sound to have my SWD Loksound 3.5 LMS Mogul reblown as im not entireiy happy with it.

My preffred supplier Howes dont do a Crab but the Fowler 4F may be near (its mainly a matter of whistles I think).

Listening to some U tub vids of the preserved Crab and the Stainer Mogul the Stainer definatly has a higher pitched whistle (assuming the ones fitted were correct)than the Crab.

The best U tube sound seems to be the Youchoos Fowler Tank but ive no experiance of them or Oliviers for that matter.

Diffiult so choose a sound chip from a upplier when you cant hear a demo and the websites are usually pretty poor.

Any thoughts anyone?

Kev

• RMweb Gold

howes do a crab but as its semi generic its not listed on the website, bryan can do pretty much any loco you require (within reason) or put any whistle on a particular loco etc if you ask when ordering but they are not listed on the site as only locos recorded from original sources are listed

and the crab does indeed have the LMS whistle

Hi again

I dont think thats strickly true as quite a few sounds listed on the site are shown as "from our genetic range"

There are quite a number of Youtube vids of Crab 42765 as well as the pocket rocket Stanier class 5 2-6-0 and a 4F.

People in the know tell me they all should sound roughly the same but the whistle's certainly sound different.

Perhaps somewhere theres a comparisons site for different companies whistles. It would be a boom (or whistle) on here.

Kev

howes do a crab but as its semi generic its not listed on the website, bryan can do pretty much any loco you require (within reason) or put any whistle on a particular loco etc if you ask when ordering but they are not listed on the site as only locos recorded from original sources are listed

and the crab does indeed have the LMS whistle

• 1 year later...

Archived