Automatic fiddle yard

shortliner

Impressive indeed - I have two scanners in the loft that could be converted! Only thing is I can't work out why each loco comes to a rest as soon as it gets back onto the traverser and then moves up to stop again. I guess this whole set-up gets added to a larger layout but as it is he can't run any full length trains as he'd have a rear collision each circuit! I only noticed it because I'm working on block protection at the moment... Its also interesting to see how different locos come to a stand at different places when running automatically.

Possibly an automatic protection system to stop the loco running into the rear of the train in front - ie, the system cycles through a series of commands to off-load any train already on the track before allowing the next loco into that "block". I note that they also appear to stop on the track before running onto the traverser - my impression was that the video has been speeded up for viewing purposes - some of the locos seems to be moving at rather excessive speeds

I new it was German before I even clicked on the link, Awesome, would be good for Wunderland but to boring for me, I like doing all that work, gives me something to do, the same reason I stopped using magnets to uncouple cars and use a tool instead.

One would assume if the builder has this ability then he would have built in some automatic , perhaps optical system, controlled thro the PIC making sure things are in the correct position before any operation commences, This of course would need location switches/sensors to identify loco positions when/where.One suggestion previous is that PIC's are not expensive, I may be out of date but We used to call PIC's, PLC's and would think for around 6 I/P's and O/P's you would not get much change out of £200. This piece of kit would need many more than that. It would appear the computer is the controlling device, and considering it took a year to program no easy job to do.In industry this is the sort of thing use for automatic packaging. BRILLIANT and WELL DONE. Beeman

Archived