RMweb

Tony Wright

BlackRat

I mentioned the same to him at Ally Pally last year re Forum membership.

His reply was from previous experience from other forums that no matter how he replied to a subject it always seemed a some kind of arguement, criticism or some other unusual comment.

Due to his well known name he thought it was better to keep away. Very understandable IMHO

Glad to hear Tony is getting better

Whilst guessing something was up it was only when Gilbert pointed me towards this thread did I realise how ill Tony had been. I've always liked his no nonsense approach to railway modelling (eg the difference between a cabinet model and a layout model which has to work for its living). I am really pleased to hear that he is recovering.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I was delighted to read Great Northern's posting of the 14th. and it is certainly excellent news to read that Tony is out and about and attending an exhibition. As Gilbert says it all takes time but with some excellent coal, steady "little and often firing" he will get there!

His realistic reviews in BRM are a great miss, as well, of course, is his attendance at various exhibitions especially the AMRSS Show in Glasgow where his wonderful bonhamie leads to all sorts of interesting and entertaining conversations.

All the best.

My wife and I are also privelaged to count Tony and Mo as very good friends and near neighbours and I can't wait to get The grumpy, outspoken, argumentive, politically incorrect ......... old B. back to his old self.

(Likewise of Ancaster)

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

Saw in the BRM, 'our Tony' is retiring.

From me, may I wish you all the very best for a long and railway filled retirement!

One of the highlights of my modelling 'career', having Tony take pics of my layout and a day spent in very un pc putting the world to rights chat!

Good luck Tony Wright! :)

• Like 17

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...