The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Railway ghosts

A1X

Not really on the railway but to do with railways

my dad has a huge collection of continental/american railway magazines from about 1950,which belonged to a close friend of my dad , we had the shed for a year and nothing. then after a holiday to germany my dad decide that he was going to model german ho ,so he went into the boxes and got out these magazines,which had not seen sun light since the 1990's .still nothing (well the curtain poll coming down but that was because i locked the cat in the shed ,well he is a black cat)so it was about November,we had half a layout ,we took some pictures of the new tunnel, with a locomotive just poking out ,then we locked the shed up and went inside ,the next day a bout half 4 we went in only to find that the locomotive had moved about 10 feet alone the line .

now don't think my dad is a weird man ,he is actually quiet down to earth (2 many spams )will no that ,be to this day ,he is sure that it is his close friend still enjoying his hobby.

• RMweb Gold

There's a signal box on a high embankment between Frodsham(just after you turn left over the bridge over the Weaver?)before heading towards the Motorway Junction.

I've seen the lights on many times in the early hours but during the day when I've seen it it appears to be boarded up.

Probably a very simple explanation,and apologies in advance but it frightens the hell out of me whenever I see it in the middle of the night dimly lit up,it looks so bloody ghostly stuck up there framed agaisnt the darkness.

As the threads been resurrected I can kill off one of the ghosts.

This is Frodsham Junction, it's a fully functioning signal cabin, I think it nomrally closes over night, from 22:00 - 06:00, certainly normally shut on a Sunday, but engineering works etc. may require extended hours, the lights are to make it appear occupied at all times.