Video: The Swanage Railway 26th July 2011

PenrithBeacon

Yesterday I visited the Swanage Railway and the resulting film has been uploaded to YouTube. Completely by chance this was the first day in service of Collett 0-6-2T 6695 after its overhaul and other locos seen are BR4 2-6-4T 80104 and, acting as mainline pilot, Bulleid Battle of Britain Pacific 34070 'Manston'. Locations are Swanage, Harmans Cross and Corfe Castle and I hope everyone enjoys it.

Regards

Yesterday I visited the Swanage Railway and the resulting film has been uploaded to YouTube. Completely by chance this was the first day in service of Collett 0-6-2T 6695 after its overhaul and other locos seen are BR4 2-6-4T 80104 and, acting as mainline pilot, Bulleid Battle of Britain Pacific 34070 'Manston'. Locations are Swanage, Harmans Cross and Corfe Castle and I hope everyone enjoys it.

Regards

Nice Video there looks like im possibly on a Western Tommrow!

Great video!

I've always liked how the Swanage have kept to a theme, other than the obvious Taffy Tank and DMUs, of BR(SR). Whilst its nice to see a hotch-potch of brightly coloured stock on other railways, the consistency at Swanage really creates an atmosphere like it could actually still be in the 50s/60s.

The classes of Loco used by the Swanage are almost all produced RTR, as is most of the rolling stock. Its surprising you don't see people modelling it more often!

Lovely video and brings back nostalgia. For a couple of years I rode that line to Wareham thence to Dorchester and school - for the most part happy memories.

Its surprising you don't see people modelling it more often!

Always requires a lot of space to do it justice but it has everything a modeller could wish for engine shed, turntable, goods shed, quaint station lots of bridges, a camp coach, a castle ....

My thanks to everybody for their kind remarks. I really enjoy the atmosphere on the Swanage too, very much a favourite railway. My only reservation is that they only run an all-steam programme during the mid-summer school hols. If they were a more liberal with the yellow timetable I'd go more often, but it is a super railway, most enjoyable.

Regards

My thanks to everybody for their kind remarks. I really enjoy the atmosphere on the Swanage too, very much a favourite railway. My only reservation is that they only run an all-steam programme during the mid-summer school hols. If they were a more liberal with the yellow timetable I'd go more often, but it is a super railway, most enjoyable.

Regards

Ah unfortunatley thats what the majority of punters want however we did take the all new shiny Green Crompton to Harmans to go coach grabbing

Archived