Not-ingley - Track laying begins

Dom Platts

Just a quick loco update, in the form of 56122 'Wilton-Coalpower'. I've used the new Shawplan horn grille covers, which make a huge difference. . definitely a retro fit for all my other grids! The same goes for the jacking point cover plates.

I'll update soon with some track laying pictures, no point posting up each small bit. . the wagon works should be complete soon so i'll wait until then!

post-9660-0-08455600-1317421099_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Just an update, work is still ongoing and the locos continue to be crossed off the 'to do' list. The layout has had to take a back seat atm due to both of us having pressing work commitments which have to come first. . better late than never they say! I'm steadily accumulating bits and bobs for the project, and it's just a question of finding the time. Knot-Ingly is definitely still going to happen :yes:

I'll update with some more pics soon.

• 7 months later...

Any more pic or progress?

Cheers

Guy

Lots of progress on the stock front, I'm updating the stocklist at the front of this thread as we speak, I've just finished my other layout (will be revealed soon), so I can concentrate on this main one again! Busy times. .

• 4 months later...

Just a quick update on progress, many more locos bought and completed. Also we've made an executive decision on DCC sound which is the sole use of 'Legomanbiffo' ESU V4 decoders mated to DCC supplies or Digitrains bass reflex speakers where space permits. It has to be said the results are pretty impressive, 100% controllable and the 56 and 20 sound genuinely fantastic. Equipping the whole fleet will take quite some time (not to mention money)! But it's worth every penny imo. Will update with some pictures when I get the new camera sorted.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some nicely done stock on this thread. Cate to share your weathering techniques Dom?

Cheers

I do my best! Thanks :-) Dom initially helped me out and made the first post but had other commitments so it's just me now. 

I do all the stock, and own it and the layout. 

The past few months have been spent accumulating quite a few Hornby HAA wagons for the project, I'm aiming for at least 36 so I can run a full rake at the club, whilst having a varied fleet for the layout. I'll post up some pics of the finished MGRs. 

Alex

Archived