Not-ingley - Track laying begins

Dom Platts

Hi Alex,

The class 60 looks great, it's just how I remember them. Scary thing is I remember when they first came out, and now DBS are getting rid of them.

The 20s looks superb, you have that faded look spot on and 010 with its white 0, blue data panel and coal sector marking on the cab really captures how the still reliable 20s were near the end.

Cheers Peter.

We also managed to fix the Heljan 58 flickering lights issue on DCC. We thought it was best to stick a photo online as its not very clear how to fix this issue.

IMG_5646.jpg

The red arrow indicates where you need to cut the capacitor, stick it on the track and the lights work perfectly, now to sort the light bleed issues.

Superb, I agree with Peter the weathering on those choppers is just right giving them the look of worn out locos coming to the end of their working lives. Quality.

Mr. Babbage is looking a bit tasty too, triple grey is definitely the best livery for those beasts.

I am really looking forward to seeing these lovely weathered machines on shed.

That sounds tasty too, is that a blue door i spy on the front end of 20010???

Neil

Thats some old BR blue showing through yes, 20010 was getting quite battered by then! A lot of the red stripe/railfreight locos had some blue patches by the early 90's, especially the Cl20's. I used dabs of thinned down railmatch faded rail blue, applied before and after weathering colours. I'll upload some more 20 pics over the weekend. .

Yeah we used to see a few railfreight ones go by at the back of sutton reservoir with the odd blue door, something very rarely modelled and something you have modelled really well great job, i must get more 20's

Neil

They look stunning, sperb work a very envious fleet of choppers mate, i should really get a tinsley green pair, the layout hasnt even started yet and it looks mouth watering with this loco fleet.

Thanks for the comments! Hopefully Dom will be coming round later in the week and we'll prep the boards ready for the first bit of track to be laid :yes: everything has to be pretty much spot on with the boards before we start, time spent here will pay dividends later on and especially for exhibition purposes.

Well as Lochnagar said we got the boards ready and started laying and wiring up track, we are using Peco Code 75 and started the fiddle yard, including a long radius right hand point.

Not much but we don't always get the time we would like to work on the layout, at least it's progress.

Pictures soon

Not sure how I missed this !? The job on 20010 is superb as is the cl58. Get this layout outside chaps, those 56s in natural light will be stunning !

Will follow this and look forward to the day its exhibited alongside Boxenby at a show !

Archived