WR steam photos, Thames Valley area 1950s...

• RMweb Gold

Great photos. As someone who grew up in Reading I travelled quite a bit on the Paddington trains and also cyyled out to the Henley and Marlow branches in the early 60's. One of my great memories was a special cobvering all the branches between Reading and Pad including a trip down to Brent docks would have been 63/64. Sadly as a schoolboy I could not afford a decent camera let alone film to go in it.

Don

Belated thanks for your comments from yesterday gents... on nights again this week so have missed a few pages on RMWeb ;)

Neal - I think there might be some Henley shots, we're still looking.... bit of a slow process with work, sleep and lightning modelling sessions crammed in between chores etc!

Chris - seems like Merthyr it is then, thanks for that extra gen.

Trevor - my partner's face was a picture when I had to tell her that Jessops had lost her Dad's precious films, not a good day in our house. I wasn't too pleased myself as I think all three films had Swindon Works photos on them. Anyway, you've convinced me that scanning the negs is the best way forward.... many thanks.

More soon, with a bit of luck...;)

Archived