7mm DJB Std 4 (2-6-4T)

Hi, l have been offered a unbuilt DJB class 4 tank loco, but l have never seen or heard of this kit, l was wondering if any fellow modellers have had any experience of this kit, (good or bad) l think its nickle silver......cheers

• RMweb Gold

If you have to pay for it save your money and buy the MOK kit thats on another thread on here at present even if you have to save a bit longer its worht it. I have a DJB one in my part built kits collection its a nice kit for its time very well presented with some nice drawings and instructions but leaves a bit to be desired by modern standards I also have the MOK kit which knocks spots of it. I have heard the DJB one needs a bit of fettling to get it to run right in the chassis departement. I believe DJB sold them to B.D.Coutts but they no longer sell them someone told me they are now in a certain black hole of kits somewhere down on the South Coast but maybe someone else can correct this. Hope this helps with your decision.

Regards

Mark J

Point taken, thanks markjj and Horsetan it was going to cost £100 but then you have to buy the wheels and a decent motor somewhere in the region of £200, thats £300 and if you have to replace the castings you could be talking somewhere near £400 - £450, so as you have suggested it would be better to buy the MOK kit, minds made up thanks again for the input lads............

• RMweb Gold

Point taken, thanks markjj and Horsetan it was going to cost £100 but then you have to buy the wheels and a decent motor somewhere in the region of £200, thats £300 and if you have to replace the castings you could be talking somewhere near £400 - £450, so as you have suggested it would be better to buy the MOK kit, minds made up thanks again for the input lads............

You would have got a bargain there I sold one on eBay a few years ago new unbuit kit still sealed and it went for £180...... You wont regret waiting for the MOK one its well worth the wait and the extra cost they build up like a dream shame a lot of other manufacturers don't design kits like they do.

Regards

Mark J

Archived