shanks522

Hello,

Something productive at last, I have spent of most of this evening spraying the platform surfaces and as the air brush was out i also had a play with some weathering of the track, I'm only testing at the moment as i want to make the headshunt quite overgrown with weeds etc.

Other news is that the layout is now running on DCC, I've purchased a few decoders and been playing (testing) trains for the last few weeks, New rolling stock that has arrived, An excellent Bachmann EPB, and CEP, Hornby VEP and the pride of the layout at the moment a pair of sound fitted 37's which have been keeping me very occupied.

Few photos of progress.

post-6774-0-85121200-1323725884_thumb.jpg

post-6774-0-71361100-1323725997_thumb.jpg

post-6774-0-37846600-1323726115_thumb.jpg

post-6774-0-93420800-1323726229_thumb.jpg

post-6774-0-08333500-1323726340_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Graham.

Hi,

Great progress on the terminus. I do like you platform method! I may be inclined to try that as my attempts at making a decent platform surface have all but failed so far :(

The track weathering looks great, and the scenic break bridge looks fantastic :)

Looking forward to seeing more.

Regards

Lee

Guest oldlugger

I agree with Lee, the bridge looks very nice indeed and fits the location perfectly. Great work all round Graham. I hope you'll post more pictures soon?

Cheers

Simon

Hi Graham,

Nice to see someone modelling an often neglected area, I spent many hours at Hoo Jcn yard and on the Grain branch when I was a secondman in the late 80's, people would probably be surprised at the amount of freight this area generated. If you can, get your hands on a book called Coming Up With The Goods by Michael Pearson, its a pictorial record of EWS operations before the 66's took over and includes a trip down the Grain branch on a Class 37 with one of my drivers Harry Bath now sadly deceased.

Andy

I was planning something similar to this. When did the Isle of Grain become so popular?????? Anyway on a serious note, how have you attached the platform edging? Keep up the good work and I might get round to building mine!

Owen

Hi Owen, the platform edging is Peco and all i do is glue it down with a two part superglue, apply the glue to the underside of the platform edge then spray an activator onto the baseboard, place the platform onto the board in a pre marked place then hold for 5 seconds or so and job done.

Graham.

Hey

I've followed suit and started towards using your method for the platforms... I figure the whole thing is getting covered in plaster anyhow! Hopefully my results are as sucessful as yours!

Regards

Lee :)

Great set of photos Roy, thank you for posting them. I particularly like the top left of the first set as i want to put in a photographic backscene on the layout and it gives a great sense of scale.

Cheers

graham.

Hi Graham,

I'll try to get you a better image this afternoon.

roygraham

Archived