Hornby class 50

spenc

hi i have a Hornby class 50 with a sound chip fitted i got it about 2 months ago.uptill about a week ago all was alright but when i fire it the sound to loud i ask a fellow club member

who put it on his programing track it read the cv to lower the volume tried it again but it stayed at full volume it will not lower. as anybody who as the class 50 had the same problem

thanks

steve

hi i have a Hornby class 50 with a sound chip fitted i got it about 2 months ago.uptill about a week ago all was alright but when i fire it the sound to loud i ask a fellow club member

who put it on his programing track it read the cv to lower the volume tried it again but it stayed at full volume it will not lower. as anybody who as the class 50 had the same problem

thanks

steve

Whose sound chip?

Whose sound project and how old?

What CV was being adjusted?

How?

Any other problems just before this particular problem surfaced?

hi

its a loksoundv 3.5 decoder. factory fitted Hornby 50037 2 months it is cv 63 sound volume he tryed to lower the volume from that there was no problem before that

many thanks

steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Sort of on this vein, my 50 is noticiably slow speedwise on DCC , I am using Bachmann control equipment is it a case that the locos DCC power draw is too much for the Baccy kit (where-as it does suit their 25/47 locos).?

Both my 50 & 60 horn sounds also don't blip as you woud expect them to do i imagine this is probally the same issue re power draw ?

• 1 month later...

I've bought a Hornby sound 50, 50037 and it is slow even on full power. [ put some coaches on and it still goes at the same speed as if light ]

I thought it would improve with running-in , but no.

I use a NCE powercab.

You will need to ensure that CV29 has been set for a speed curve. then you will need to adjust the values in CV's 67 to 94. Speed curve values are ideally set using a GUI like Lokprogrammer or DecoderPro. They can be set manually. Start by reading back CV94. Anything less than 255 will highlight the problem. Don't be tempted to use the Start voltage, Mid voltage and Top speed CV's. Check that the NCE is reading the decoder speed table on 28 speed steps and NOT 14.

Once you have the NCE and the decoder talking the same language, the decoder will give a better top speed. Most model railway layouts benefit from huge reductions in top speed as scale running beyond 60 would be greater than prototype anyway on the curves we have to use.

Archived