Sound Decoder in a Bachmann Class 08

RAY NORWOOD

I am looking into fitting a SWD sound decoder into my Bachmann class 08.

I have been told that the speeker will go into the cab but it is a very tight fit.

Is there anyone out there fitted one of these into one of these loco's. If so any advice please.

RAY70B

I did the Hornby 08 with a Loksound chip. The model is DCC ready for the N gauge chip with 6 pins. I got the speaker in the cab facing up. I had to remove some of the lovely interior detail to do it (sniffs and wipes eyes with Kleenex). Sound comes out of the open vent hatch.

When I got my Bachmann 04 I got Olivia's to do the chip/speaker install. Very neat job, they even left the driver in the cab.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

I have just got this SWD sound decoder fitted. Ho what a PIG,

I put the decoder behind the radiator, take the CB out and cut the lugs off so it is flat fit decoder on with double sided tape but put decoder on at the opersite side to the exaust on the body as this will get in the way it is a tiet fit in the higth solder the four wires (red & black to pick ups and the orenge & gray to motor) and put speeker in the cab, had to cut the little hump in the cab off and run the speaker wires through this cut out, but had to make the two wires longer. pop out the two windows on both sides of the cab and cut the windows that goes in the cab side (not the the one that goes on the door) so it looks as if the window is open that is to for the sound to come out, paint the speeker box mat black and put double sided tape on the side of the box and stik this onto the floor of the cab so the speaker is facing forward.

Test and then put the cab back.

RAY70B

• 7 months later...

Hi chaps

I'll have a look at it for you

Cheers

Jim

Still not working Jim. Any chance of fixing the link as I want to fit a sound chip to an 08 and would be interested in seeing some pics.

Archived