Marklin Torpedo

Hi,

Do you mean the molten steel carrying wagon?

I have a Trix 2 rail one (Trix (2R) & Märklin (3R) are essentially the same thing!), and I would say it's a pretty good, if expensive model. It's quite heavy too so if you want to haul two or three up any kind of gradient, you'll need a fairly powerful loco.

Cheers,

John E.

Hi,

Do you mean the molten steel carrying wagon?

I have a Trix 2 rail one (Trix (2R) & Märklin (3R) are essentially the same thing!), and I would say it's a pretty good, if expensive model. It's quite heavy too so if you want to haul two or three up any kind of gradient, you'll need a fairly powerful loco.

Cheers,

John E.

Prototypical, then, in that the trains between Teesside and Consett used to convey two similar wagons maximum, separated by several HAA wagons. Traction was two Class 37s.

Yes thats correct.

If you go to Pathe News and put in Consett Iron you will be able too see a clip of the wagons and the process at Cargo Fleet works on Teesside, plenty of other industrial stuff on there aswell!

I did here once that they used too transport it also too Hartlepool South Works how true that is not sure?

Cheers.

I did here once that they used too transport it also too Hartlepool South Works how true that is not sure?

I've seen the mention of the South Works being supplied for a short while from Cargo Fleet. It's in one of the books I've got. I can dig it out if you want. Must have been around 1969-70ish.

Cheers

David

I have a fleet of the 16 Axle versions, sold in Pairs (48292),

Cracking models, but weigh a tonne, My Atlas MP 15's struggle with 2 on any incline.

Very easy to change couplers to Kadees, but need to change all wheels as they are uninsulated for Marklin system. I swapped all mine for Atlas 33inch and they roll like a dream.

Fred

I've seen the mention of the South Works being supplied for a short while from Cargo Fleet. It's in one of the books I've got. I can dig it out if you want. Must have been around 1969-70ish.

Cheers

David

Yes you could do Dave please that would be good.

Prototypical, then, in that the trains between Teesside and Consett used to convey two similar wagons maximum, separated by several HAA wagons. Traction was two Class 37s.

The Cosett torpedoes spacers were originally LMS brake vans with the bodies removed and air through pipes added to work with the Torpedo wagons.

Mark Saunders

Archived