Walthers Cornerstone ADM Grain Elevator Help

madgasters

• RMweb Gold

Be aware that it is essentially modular in construction, so the silos, the elevator and the two covered structures are separate. You can place them as you wish. I didn't find the silos a very good fit, but that was nearly 20 years ago, so things may have improved. I also had trouble painting the glazing bars on the windows, which are/were moulded in the clear plastic. Not Walthers' best kit IMHO, but it does add a lot of presence to the landscape.

I found the secret to painting the glazing bars on Walther's kits. Paint pens. They usually need 3 or 4 coats to get a solid looking glazing bar but its a lot easier and sharper finish than using a brush or attempting to paint them with a sponge.

Be aware that it is essentially modular in construction, so the silos, the elevator and the two covered structures are separate. You can place them as you wish. I didn't find the silos a very good fit, but that was nearly 20 years ago, so things may have improved. I also had trouble painting the glazing bars on the windows, which are/were moulded in the clear plastic. Not Walthers' best kit IMHO, but it does add a lot of presence to the landscape.

I'd agree with that - the silo's appear to have been retooled in the past few years though, the ones we did for RS Tower went together much better than the ones I did many years ago which were 'somewhere close' to the right shape and size at best...windows were the same...

Archived