Dorset Group of the 3mm Society 'Westfest' 2011

The Dorset Wanderer

3mm Scale Model Railway Exhibition.

17th September 2011

Open 10.30- 17.00

Corpus Christi School

St. Jamess' Square Boscombe

Bournemouth BH5 2BX

Car Park Entrance off Christchurch Road church entrance-Look for sign.

Seven Layouts

Demonstrations inc The Weatherman, Wheel fitting & Structure Building-These are relevant to all scales.

3mm Trader

Teas and Coffees

Plus for 3mm Society Members the Society Shop

Limited S/H Sales

Track Sales

Please contact as below, preferably NOT on the night before.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

If Hennock is yours Steve it looks very nice in Modelrail this month, who's the trader please and why is the 3mm society stand only for members? I can understand it for secondhand but if they are offering original products it seems a bit odd is all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Excellent little show with several very nice layouts, more than I expected and even got a OBB TT loco for a possible project.

Only small improvement would be signs visible from the square you gave the postcode to, I kept on wandering and found it but your signs were only visible from the other entrance. I know another couple followed me round into the show and I just wonder if you lost a few visitors.

Cheers Paul

Hi Paul

Thank you for the feedback.It didn't help that it threw it down with rain earlier than forecast causing sineage to be compromised. My problem was that the postcode for the carpark & entrance was different to the actual address of Corpus Christi School- the postcode of the school carpark meant that there was insufficent parking in that location- not helped by The Echo publishing info different to that I had posted to them. i am pleased however that you enjoyed the spread of layouts and managed to purchase items useful to you. All involved seemed to enjoy themselves, most said that the time flew.

Best wishes

Steve

• RMweb Gold

It was easy parking in the square and plenty of room seemed free down that road too. In future a little map showing both ways in would clue people up if the car park seems full. I know what you mean about the rain, I just got back to the car and it hammered down. Nice way to spend the afternoon after night shift :)

Archived